Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Help: O-Ring from Subal viewfinder

Started by Joerg Trnka ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Help: O-Ring from Subal viewfinder

4 posts
  1. Dear all,

     

    I am flying in 3 hours to the Red Sea.

    While packing now my gear I have removed the Subal straight viewfinder. One of the 2 O - rings came out in 2 peaces.

    Can anyone tell me if I can still use it with one o-ring only????

     

    Thanks for your help.

    Cheers

    Joerg

  2. Yes you can use just one o-ring but I would not recommend it. The second o-ring is a backup seal but it also helps stabilize the viewfinder from sideways movement.

     

    Since you don't have a spare you should try to locate one. Any well stocked scuba store might have one that will fit. You can also try a hardware store in the plumbing area. I realize you do not have a lot of time to get this.

     

    The o-ring is a metric o-ring 32mmx1.78mm that converts to a american 2-026 o-ring. That o-ring is used on a princenton tech 40 light http://www.princetontec.com/tec-40 .

     

    I hope that helps.

  3. Dear blibecap,

    Thanks for your answer. I am right now on the plane starting I the next few minutes without a 2 o-ring.

    Hope that someone on the boat can help me out.

    I will check tonight when I'm on the boat.

    Cheers joerg

  4. Just if anybody else needs this information:

    I have been diving now one week in the Red Sea with one o-ring on the subal 180 viewfinder without any problem. Contacting Subal they informed me that one O-ring is not recommended but sufficient.

    Cheers

    Joerg Trnka

Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.