Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC MACRO (HSM OS) zoom gear for Aquatica

Started by iliketurtles ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC MACRO (HSM OS) zoom gear for Aquatica

5 posts
  1. I'm about to throw this thing in the ocean....without the housing. I've tried several gears, but cannot find one that will work correctly.

     

    I have a Canon 7D aquatica housing and I'm trying to find the appropriate gear for the Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC MACRO (HSM OS). The 18719 does not work (Too large), in fact it appears to be an updated version to my 18700.1, nothing more. Does anyone have any experience with this lens and the correct zoom gear?

     

    Thank you!

  2. I don't have that housing but have used that lens in my subal and like it very much. I too didn't have/couldn't find a focus ring, which is what I think you are asking about. However, I did have an old zoom gear lying around from a 12-24 lens that I never used much. I just layered some plain old elastic bands around the sigma lens, slipped the focus ring on to the right position, and it has worked like a champ. No expense involved.

  3. Gates make one, email John Ellerbrook for Pamela for info not sure it if it will fit Aquatica

  4. I have one for the Seatool. It is permanently fixed to the lens. That is the only way it will work. It nay work for the Aquatica.

Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.