Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Nauticam 6" dome ports use with 9-18 mm Olympus

Started by Vagabond ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Nauticam 6" dome ports use with 9-18 mm Olympus

6 posts
  1. Hi everyone...

     

    Need some expert advise on the use of Nauticam 6" dome port designed for the Panasonic 7-14 mm with an Olympus 9-18 mm. I have read there is no vignetting indicating that there should be no issues, does anyone know of corner sharpness issue of using this larger dome with the 9-18mm lens?

     

    Thank you so much for your help.

     

    Regards, Vagabond

  2. The Nauticam 6" dome and the 4" semi-dome have the same optical radius, i.e. the 4" semi-dome is just a piece of the larger 6" dome. All other things being equal (like the distance from the body to the front of the dome), the two domes will perform identically.

  3. Wolf, thank you so much for your expertize. Let me ask you a follow up question. You may be aware that Olympus is developing the new 7-14mm PRO lens, I know is difficult to say, but do you think it will fit in the 6" dome?

     

    Thank you so much again.

  4. Apology Coroander I missed up your name with name of the photo. Perhaps there is one additional question I have for you looking at the Nauticam chart. They have 7" dome for the 12-42mm lens, I presume same analysis you have done above apply for this dome? so by purchasing the 7" dome I would be able to use Lumix 7-14 mm, Olympus 9-18mm and Olympus 12-42mm, I am trying to find the port that gives me the most flexibility with lenses.

    Thank you so much again.

  5. I am interested in buying the 6" Dome to use it with the 7-14mm Panasonic .

    Can anybody tell me the dimensions of the box. I cannot find this Information, for travelling this would be a very important Information.

    So, if anybody has a 6" dome an the box, maybe you can send me the dimensions of the box in cm?

    Thanks

    Armin from Graz, Austria

  6. I am interested in buying the 6" Dome to use it with the 7-14mm Panasonic .

    Can anybody tell me the dimensions of the box. I cannot find this Information, for travelling this would be a very important Information.

    So, if anybody has a 6" dome an the box, maybe you can send me the dimensions of the box in cm?

    Thanks

    Armin from Graz, Austria

    Aproximately 20cm x 20cm X 20cm.

     

    I've never carried the dome in the box whilst travelling. It has either been attched to the housing, or wrapped in bubble wrap.

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.