Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Olympus E-PM1 video settings

Started by gsk3 ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

Olympus E-PM1 video settings

1 posts
  1. Testing my new setup in the pool tomorrow, then it's off for a real SoCal dive (90fsw) on Saturday. Figured I'd run key settings by the wise folks here in case there is more wisdom to share.

     

    The goal here is video. Setup is the Olympus housing, E-PM1, Olympus 9-18, stock flat port (no Zen dome yet, maybe next year), Nauticam tray with left arm, 12" Stix Large buoyancy arm, 1000 lumen DRIS Impact Video light.

     

    • 720p (avoiding 1080 because I'd rather have progressive than interlaced for motion)
    • IBIS: Off (horrid with video)
    • Focus: AF (no focus gear in this housing, sadly)
    • WB: Manual WB, will set off a buddy's tanks. A little worried here since I've read Olympus manual WB often fails underwater. If so, what's the best next step--the underwater WB setting or a custom Kelvin dial-in? If the latter, what's a good temperature to set it to?
    • Exposure: Manual, or if I get lazy, Aperture Priority.

     

    The light is relatively bright but a little purple compared to dedicated video lights at the dive shop. I'm a little worried about balancing it against ambient without getting some horrid coloring for the ambient. Any thoughts?

     

    Comments on settings I forgot or poor choices above would be most appreciated.

     

    Thanks!

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.