Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Airlock/Vacuum system

Started by tc_rain ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Airlock/Vacuum system

7 posts
  1. Is anyone using an airlock/vacuum system on their Ikelite housing? If so, what are your thoughts? I have searched the Ikelite website and don't see where they offer one, so I guess it would have to be an aftermarket purchase and install. From what I have read, it sounds like a pretty sensible item to have. I found that it is standard on the Nauticam housing (for my camera) but it is over double the price of the Ikelite housing. I am wavering between the Ikelite and the Nauticam housings. I thought maybe installing the airlock/vacuum system on the Ikelite as a possibility too.

  2. The Vivid unit will fit on almost all housings!

  3. the sentinel v3 system http://www.vividhousings.com/leak-sentinel.php can fit on ikelite housings, you can install it where the lens removal control is on ikelite housings,i ordered mine last night,i might add that i have had 3 ikelite housings 2 were dslr housings and have been very satisfied with them so far.

    Edited by scuba-s
  4. Historically "Housing Sentry" was the first after market vacuum system, then followed Vivid, Backscatter and Nauticam.

    I would look at all of the systems and look at the different bells and whistles each provides. I have used both the Backscatter and Nauticam Systems. Both work fine.

    Edited by eyu
  5. I have used "Housing Sentry" with my Ikelite housing without any issue. It is fine and I love it.

  6. With the way the Ikelite ports attach, do the port clips loosen when the housing is put under a vacuum?

  7. The ports should nicely be held in place, due to underpressure.

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.