Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Canon t3i won't snap a photo sometimes

Started by poseidonsenforcer ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Canon t3i won't snap a photo sometimes

4 posts
  1. Hello,

     

    First, my setup is- T3i in a Sea & Sea housing, using 2 ys-d1 strobes (connected with fiber optic cable) and a sola 1200 focus light (with red light). I shoot with a Tokina 10-17 lens or a Canon EF 17-40

     

    I've switched my T3i over to be single point focus when autofocusing and things are typically fine, but sometimes i've noticed that the camera won't snap a photo even when I am getting a red "in focus" dot in the viewfinder. It seems like the camera is busy or something... which has resulted in many missed critter shots!

     

    Am I doing something wrong, or is this normal? Does this happen on the fancier 7d/5d? Is it because I am sometimes using a full frame lens?

     

    Thanks!

  2. Are you using your strobe with those shots? Are you on live view? Is your smile detector on?

    Ram

  3. Yes using strobes, Manual camera settings- strobes on. No live view, BUT... I just realized I had my "AF Mode" set to "Live Mode" which seems like the wrong setting? I just changed it to "AF Mode = Quick" Maybe that was it?!

     

    Also what AF Mode is best for underwater? One Shot, AI Focus, or AI Servo?

    Edited by poseidonsenforcer
  4. According to Ikelite setting suggestions is "one shot".

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.