Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

why?

Started by jkh13 ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

why?

7 posts
  1. why?

    why do you like underwater photography? Give reasons please!

    (just curious!)

  2. Why not?

     

    Its, expensive, difficult, expensive....

     

    Ok bad question.

     

    Well, why do people enjoy photography out of the water? For me it is all about capturing the beauty of nature. My favorite subjects just happen to live in the ocean. Some people are obsessed with photographing birds, for me it is fish and coral.

  3. Another reason is that after a few hundred dives, just floating around looking at the fishies for an hour, you start to get board if you dont have something to do. Some people spearfish, some people see how deep they can go before they die, others take pictures.

  4. I hate it, but am a weekend masochist. UW photogrpahy is right up there with sticking hot needles under my big toe nail for me.

  5. it's the stealthiest way I can think of to access a nude beach with a camera ... :shock:

  6. Hi!

     

    it's the stealthiest way I can think of to access a nude beach with a camera

     

    No. The stealthiest way would be hiding your complete rig between your buns while walking through the main gate ;-)

     

    Now, a bit more serious?

     

    First of all, it's playing around with *really* expensive high-tech gadgets. Second, I love shooting macro. It's the challenge of shooting with a DOF less than 10mm while not even standing on one foot. Third, it introduced me to exterme WA shooting (now even top side) which I didn't do/like the past 20 years.

    Compared to video, it's the optimum relation between work vs. fun for me. It's not only the shooting but having a second holiday when processing the images and compiling a beamer show. And a third, fourth, ... when presenting it to an audience.

     

    Helge ;-)=)

  7. Taking the camera down keeps the fishes away.

     

    That's what I think sometimes.....

     

    Chris

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.