Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Focus lever on Nauticam EM1 housing

Started by bear35 ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Focus lever on Nauticam EM1 housing

5 posts
  1. Hello,

     

    I have a nauticam housing for the Oly EM1, it has a lever at the rear so you can use that to focus. I seem to be having problems being able to figure out how to do it.

    Can any one give me any help on how to do this please.

  2. Hi Bear35,

     

    I assume you are talking about the lever which push the AEL/AFL key on the back of the E-M1 which is at the top rear of the right hand side of the housing. The behavior of this key can be customized. Press menu, scroll down to the gear symbol, select Gear A menu, and scroll again to AEL/AFL. Now you have up to 4 modes to determine what this key can do. In Modes 1 and 2, it locks the auto exposure. In mode 3, it activates S-AF if your AF is set to S-AF or MF. In mode 3 or 4, it starts the C-AF when your AF is in this mode.

     

    When changing this setting, you have similar explanation displayed on the screen.

     

    Suggest you check the user manual as there are some relationship with the trigger/pre-trigger behavior (check on page 98).

  3. Hi David,

     

    Thanks for your reply.

    I have tried that but that doesn't seem to be working, unless I am doing something wrong, there is no focus at all.

    I have looked at the instructions but personally I find some of it very hard to follow. I am not very technically minded.

    I will try the instructions again.

  4. Which AF mode are you using ? They are described on page 73 of the manual.

  5. Setting up the Shutter & AEL/AFL button functions


    1. Menu
    2. Gears
    3. “A” = AF/MF
    4. >
    5. AEL/AFL
    6. >
    7. S-AF
    8. >
    9. Mode 3
    10. OK

    Setting up Fn1 to AFL only


    1. Menu
    2. Gears
    3. “B” = Button/Dial
    4. >
    5. Button Function
    6. >
    7. Fn1
    8. >
    9. AEL/AFL
    10. OK

    Now Fn1 will S-AF, you can now let go of Fn1 and the AF spot will not change when you recompose and shoot.



    Hope that helps you out.


Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.