Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Scan in your pre Digital area slides experiance !

Started by Chris ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

Scan in your pre Digital area slides experiance !

8 posts
  1. Scan in your pre Digital area slides experiance !

    Hi folks,

     

    I'm still using my NIKONOS V (mainly 4 slides) and the SONY DSC-P9 is just a start into the digital world. I'm not happy with the time delay taking the pictures and also that the Digital camera is using two flashes to produce a picture as the first flash distract the fish and when the second flash goes off I capture the anal fin :oops:

     

    So far (until I saved enough money to go for the Nikon D70 including a housing and a secound strobe) I scan in my slides made by my goooood Nikonos.

     

    For the scanning I use an AGFA snapscan e50 and the result is ......soso.

     

    Does anyone has experiance with scan in of slides using the Nikon slide copy adapter??????? It looks nice in the brochure, but what is your experiance? Alternatively I was considering to buy in a dedicated slide scanner, but maybe the money should be invested into a secound strobe or the D70.

     

    Greetings,

     

    Chris

  2. i'm also in transition. I have alot of slide scanning experience with the nikon coolscan . i recently started using a coolscan5000. the results are incredible. the scanner can now open up highlights like photoshop cs. for a beginner both scanners are very easy to use, with the instruction booklet. even if you go completely digital, you'll still have all your great old slides to play with. if your into photoshop, and making your own prints its a good investment.

  3. I've got a Nikon coolscan too. Slide scanning seems very tedious once you get used to digital capture! I like the output of my 10D much better than Velvia+slide scanner.

  4. I use a Minolta dimage III slide scanner. It is slow and somewhat frustrating, takes 4 slides or 6 frames of cut film at a time, the software is appalling. But it gets the job done, and it is hard to beat the price (you can get them on eBay for $200 or so).

     

    If I were buying now, though, I would go for the Coolscan 5000 mentioned above. The Digital ICE/ROC features are definitely worth the extra $800 if you have a lot of slides to scan, spotting dust and scratches gets pretty old very fast, and you can get a 50 slide feeder accessory (ka-ching $400) that allows you to batch up a good couple of hours of scanning to occur while you're out taking more shots...

  5. Hi folks,

    thanks for the hints... Looks like the Coolscan 5000 should be evaluated. Usually the device cost is a bit higher here in Europe (definately in the UK). I need to wait for the next oversee biz trip for my next electronical device shopping experiance.

    Digital it goes....

     

    Greetings,

    Chris

  6. I have a Polaroid 4000+ slide scanner. Works well. Whatever scanner you get - the software is critical. I like Silverfast, very full-featured.

     

    Jack

  7. I use a Canan FS4000US and like it a lot. I find Vuescan (www.hamrick.com) the best scanning software, certainly miles ahead of the Canon programme that came with it, and it is a reasonable price.

     

    Regards

     

    Jim A

  8. I have the Coolscan 4000 - the results are very good but I rate scanning slides as being slightly less boring than watching paint dry. I always wanted to use a service but could not afford their prices (for a pro service).

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.