hi all i am using a 8mm pan lens with my em 1 at the moment but would like to get a zoom wa lens . is it correct that a new lens is in the offing from olympus 7-14? if so do we know how long before launch? lastly is the pan 7-14 so much better than the oly 8-16? can i say thanks for answers / opinions before hand. steve
- 5Posts
- 5Replies
Read-only discussion
new oly wide angle lens
-
-
-
You have to stop posting that picture. I am happy with the Panasonic 7-14 but really looking forward to seeing reviews of the new Oly 7-14 and seeing pics of it just fuels my impatience
. Its just a lust issue, no legitimate need. -
Hi Steve,
I have both the Oly 9-18mm and Pan 7-14 I think both a good lenses. The 7-14 maybe slightly better but for the extra cost.
The new Oly 7-14 Pro is likely to be a very good lens but the cost is going to be pretty high. Its the same old thing….. How much are you willing to spend?? And wait for the new lens.
-
As far as I understand you would normally stop down a little anyway when using such WA lenses with a Dome.
So I wonder if f2.8 would be of any real benefit for underwatwe UWA photography?