Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Need help with Nauticam E-M1 housing problem

Started by Draq ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Need help with Nauticam E-M1 housing problem

2 posts
  1. Hi all:

     

    I have just recently gotten an E-M1 housing and also the vacuum system. Finally got around to setting it up and am encountering a problem (I think).

     

    I can create a vacuum and get the light to go green, but then it stays green (showing vacuum) even if I release pressure through the valve or open the housing. The housing is also easier to open than I would have thought. It would appear to me that the housing would give me no warning if vacuum was lost prior to or on a dive.

     

    The moisture alarm works fine.

     

    I will contact Reef tomorrow I suppose but thought I would see if anyone had any quick suggestions. Perhaps I am doing something wrong?

     

     

  2. Well I guess problem is solved. In case it is of assistance to anyone else, apparently the vacuum system will not work at altitude. Since I live at several thousand feet above sea level, I cannot run the system at home but am assured it will work fine at sea level.

Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.