Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Faulty Strobes

Started by bradrk ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Faulty Strobes

4 posts
  1. Hey Guys

     

    SO I have a couple of strobes that are having a little trouble...... when I turn them on nothing happens,,,,,,,,, but if I tap it it turns on...... does anyone know what is going on???? are the capacitors starting to go or is it something else???

     

    Im leaving for an overseas trip in a few weeks so would love to sort them out before I go.....

     

     

    Thanks

    Brad

  2. What kind of strobes, what kind of batteries etc.?

    Bill

  3. Once you answer Bill's questions and get the batteries charged up you will need to reform the capacitors. This done by leaving a strobe on for a while. Thirty minutes for example. Do this before firing them. BTW NiMH batteries die if they are not used, so you may need new ones. This happened to be when I bought a secondhand but virtually unused strobe.

  4. HI guys

    Sorry it has taken so long to get back to you, I have used new rechargeable batteries and seems to fix most of the issue. Tom I will try leaving them on for a while to reform the cap....

     

    Thanks for your help

    Brad

Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.