Anyone have one of these yet, and if so how is it underwater?
Looks like a bargain for anyone using a Canon APS-C camera.
Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic
Started by Crazy Badger ·
Read-only discussion
Anyone have one of these yet, and if so how is it underwater?
Looks like a bargain for anyone using a Canon APS-C camera.
Crazy Badger,
Already have it and shot a lot of surface pics...Great bargain even at super low cost.
Pool shot planned next week with my Ikelite Canon Sl1 system. I don't expect razor sharp corners or slightly as wide as the popular Tokina 10-17mm Fisheye, Sigma 15mm or Canon 8-15mm Fisheye lens I shot in Bonaire in May.
That's fine for me as it can serve double duty as a rectilinear surface lens.
Stay tuned.
dhaas
Amigos,
Quick shots Tuesday night from a Boy Scouts "Try Scuba" event.......
Hi David,
Are these last set of photos from the Canon S1 in the Ikelite housing with the stock port? They look nice to me for such an inexpensive lens. I am over that nitpicking corner issues myself, wide rectilinear lenses will always have some issues over fisheyes.
Phil and other interested Canon Rebel SL1 / 100D shooters,
Yes, this is the standard Ikelite port included with the Ikelite housing. There is a dedicated zoom sleeve available now and you put the camera body in and lock the back, then slide the lens and zoom sleeve in the front.
Slide the port on and you're good to go. I had full zoom from 10-18mm and with the 1.6X APS-C cropped sensor it's equivalent to 16mm which is wide enough for me.
More test shots in brighter conditions coming soon.
dhaas
Not to be a "nit-picker", but there seems to be a lot of chroma aberration...
Jack,
Could be a bit heavy handed on quick post processing on my part or could be as I said I practically shot these in the dark.
I'm sure those who read DxO and other spec sites will try and compare this lens to the new Canon 16-35mm F4L IS (which looks great) and other Canon or Nikon expensive lenses. The highly favored Tokina 10-17mm when it came out was pooh poohed a bit since it was "only" $600.00".
If you read any Canon 10-18mm IS STM tests this lens tests darn good not even figuring the low cost. Not everyone is going to buy a Nikon D810 / Canon 5D MK III and mega-$$$$ lenses was all I was sharing.
I see a lot of defects in shots posted by mega buck cameras and lenses as well......Somehow if a photographer has spent more their snapshots become "stunners" LOL......Or it also could be post processing, different monitors etc.
I have access to various WA lenses including the Canon 8-15mmF4L, popular Tokina 10-17mm and Sigma 15mm Fisheyes. But I'll be taking this as my primary WA in the Philippines next month as it can do nice double duty above and below.
To each his own as I stated ![]()
dhaas
You might see if in LR you can remove some of the aberrations with a couple of clicks...
Jack
Hi All,
Any more thoughts on this lens? I'm looking at getting it for landbased and underwater. Would be keen to hear if this is as good as the Canon EF-S 10-22?
Thanks,
Johan
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.