Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Nauticam em-10 housing gear movement

Started by ml3456 ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Nauticam em-10 housing gear movement

3 posts
  1. Can someone verify that the movement of the zoom gears inside the Nauticam housing move, a lot! I have the 12-50 lens and port, and the spring pressure it exerts when zooming really moves the gears a lot that are mounted on the inside of the case in the upper left. Really looks a spot for early failure, and really sure why Nauticam felt the springs needed to be so stiff.

     

    Please look at your housing and see if the same thing is true. Thanks for your help.

     

    ML

  2. I'm using the EM-10 although with the 14-42EZ lens. I'm not quite sure what your referring to, but the zoom gears which interact with the gear fitted to the lens do not appear to be loose or move too much on mine - could be a unique issue to the 12-50 as it has a substantial zoom gear attachment?

  3. I have the E-M5 housing and the 12-50mm lens/gears/port. I'm not entirely sure what movement of the gears you are referring to, but the springs in the 12-50mm gears are very stiff. I believe this is necessary because the springs in the 12-50mm gears have to be able to turn back the external knob when pressure on the knob is released. This isn't easy and it has to be able to do this at maximum depth when things may be even more difficult.

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.