Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Diving Lembeh Straight

Started by pokumura ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Diving Lembeh Straight

3 posts
  1. I am a dive instructor in hawaii. I am a biologist by schooling and avid photographer. I am planning a trip to Lembeh Straight and I am looking for a good book for fish and invertebrate identification. I just want to know what I am looking at and things to look for. Any ideas?

    Mahalo

  2. The best books for the region are the Humann/Deloach books, Reef Fish and Reef Creatures ID books. They are our main goto books. the vast majority of what you will find are listed in them.

     

    Creature Link

     

    Fish Link

     

    highly recommended.

     

    You will find that the resorts in Lembeh will have these books and more, as well as extremely knowledgeable managers.

     

    I worked there for three years and filmed a lot :) You can check out my website, www.liquidguru.com, for a good idea of what you will see. My partner's website, www.liquidlife.photography, has thousands of photos from there too.

     

    Cheers,

     

    Kaj

    Edited by liquidguru
  3. The Ferrari's book MacroLife is very good, even if it's officially about Malaysian and not Indonesean creatures. Most of the "critters" are in one book, not the two or three from the excellent Humann/DeLoach series...

    Edited by tdpriest
Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.