Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Sony RX100 II: which SD Card? (Class4?)

Started by sinetwo ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Sony RX100 II: which SD Card? (Class4?)

7 posts
  1. Hi all,

     

     

    Thanks in advance to all the forum members who contribute, this place has been invaluable to me in terms of finding the right stuff. So I ended up buying an RX100ii and I've looked at the manual for the RX100ii (/M2) and i've done a lot of googling and have found pretty much nothing concrete on this subject.

     

    The question really is simple: What is the minimum spec SD card you need in order for all the features of the RX100ii to not be throttled by the SD card limitations? E.g. shooting max resolution video and doing burst raw images?

     

    The manual states class4 or more, but to me that sounds quite slow?

     

    Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I would hate to be underwater having bought a cheap SD card to find that I can't do burst images at a speed which the camera is capable of.

     

    Happy to spend money on a good SD card, but I don't want to go full tilt overkill :)

     

    Thanks!

    SineTwo

  2. for video the manual is correct class4 is fine however this will increase the write time and make impossible to take multiple shots

    Consider a class10 card and also that when you upload the videos or images it is also important the read time (same class10 but read speed of 45 Mb/s is better than 30 Mb/s)

  3. for video the manual is correct class4 is fine however this will increase the write time and make impossible to take multiple shots

    Consider a class10 card and also that when you upload the videos or images it is also important the read time (same class10 but read speed of 45 Mb/s is better than 30 Mb/s)

     

    Hi I noticed you responded to my other one about G15/16 vs RX100, so thank you for that. I obviously ended up going for the RX100 :)

     

    I'll probably get a Class10 then to be safe with a good read speed. I presume class10 means a minimum write speed of 10mb/s and the read speed would be varying?

  4. Correct

  5. Alrighty then, class 10 ordered, thanks :)

  6. Didn't go cheap buy a Samsung or Sandisk waterproof card

  7. Yep, I've got a Samsung waterproof one.

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.