Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

GoPro hero3 black

Started by scoobert ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

GoPro hero3 black

2 posts
  1. Has anyone done a comparison between a go-pro with good lights, and say a HL-H1 with good lights? Just curious if I need to invest $5000 for a great rig, or If I should spend my cash on great lights and a mount for the gopro3 black?

     

    I was quite shocked how much a housing was for my Canon 7D rig, and I want to buy either a xl-2 or a HL-H1 soon. I would love to take it under with me, but at $2000 just for the housing, its out of my price range.

  2. I can't address the specifics of the Go Pro but "used" can be an affordable way to get into this aspect of the sport. I too dive with a 7D and just upgraded my housing to a Nauticam. Thus, I have an Ikelite 7D housing in excellent shape with only about 75 dives on it, 60mm port and a number of other items for sale for under 50% of retail. PM me for a list of the sale items, if you are interested (have a DS160 strobe too). I will be posting them to the Classifieds area of Wetpixel next week. Often, used gear from the folks at this site is the way to go, as we are pretty particular about how we care for it.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.