Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

New set up

Started by Lexwims ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

New set up

2 posts
  1. Hi all. I have been using a hand me down set up that has served me well for a few years now and it is finally time for me to do a major upgrade!! I've been using a Nikon D70s and Ikelite housing. I don't use strobes in my work. The environment I'm working in is often fast moving action- swimming and jumping dolphins out at sea, people posing and swimming, a plethora of ocean creatures doing as they do... I'm looking for advice on the right camera to upgrade to. I was hoping for nikon to release the next gen of the D7100. However, I'm running out of time. I haven't used cannon since the 90s and I'm not sure I want to make that switch. What nikon is right for me and will not be obsolete in 2 yrs time??

  2. Hello,

     

    I would not worry about waiting for an upgrade of the 7100. I have been shooting with the Nikon D7000 for 5 years and still have room to grow. The Nikon 7100 is a good camera and if you are going to be under water and not just shooting dolphins from the top side I would suggest getting some strobes as well.

    Have fun

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.