While photographing at the beach (not in the water) this morning, Barbara's EM-1 simply went blank.
Turned it off and on again and nothing.
Took out the (fully charged Olympus) battery and put it back in and the camera was fine.
Apparently it happened once yesterday but came back on without doing anything.
Anyone else experience this problem?
Any suggestions?
TedJ
Temperature?
Nope! It's not that hot today and we were mostly in the shade.
Make sure the lens is seted well and mount is clean. Try another card too.
Hate to say it, but I had one like that right out of the box this week.
Jack
Thanks Jack,
Its worked great up to now.
We'll see what happens.
TedJ
It did it again today, but came back to life by itself after a few seconds.
I have seen this a few times and it really sucks when it does it at the beginning of a dive.
Bill
I bought another camera for Barbara before we spent a month in Palau and Truk.
The original one has not displayed the "going blank" symptoms since.
Go figure!
Better safe than sorry with a trip like that planned.
Now you can always buy another housing and a few strobes and dive with both macro and wideangle setups at the same time. hehehe
Empty bank account here we come. :-D
Always happened for various new cameras....so nothing to worry about.
Do you know if it was flashing an error before going blanc? My E-M5 developed a problem where it went blank randomly and suddenly after shots. Then I realized it was flashing an orange "IS1" in the corner just before, so that was some kind of intermittent IS problem unfortunately
/O
Barbara was using the camera at the time and I don't know the answer to your question.
I will alert her to the error code if it happens again.
It hasn't happened since those first couple times.