Hello.
I'm currently deciding which camera is most practical for me. I understand that the G1 X Mark II is obviously an all-around camera. -macro, wide angle, etc... And then you have an SLR like the 70d. -which of course, the lens you pick for use underwater, is what you are stuck with for that dive. So besides discussing these 2 cameras, and hearing your opinions/reviews, on them, I'd like to ask if there's another option with something like an SLR when underwater... if I'm underwater shooting with a macro lens, look up from photographing and spot a turtle going past, can i still take a decent photo of him with that macro lens? Maybe the answer I'm looking for is a diopter?
Please forgive my lack of knowledge. haha I'm new to diving with SLR's and all of the equipment they entail for using beneath the water.
Here's a link comparing the 2 cameras. ![]()
http://www.dpreview.com/products/compare/side-by-side?products=canon_g1xii&products=canon_eos70d
Thanks for any help and guidance.
Kyle