Hey!
I am looking for a new Camera System. I am using a Canon 6D normally, but from my point of view it is to large, to heavy (espacially for luggage) and to expensive to go diving with it. Until now I always used a Canon G12 in a Canon housing with a Sea & Sea YS-02 flash.
Now I want to change my setup to something with better image quality so I came to MFT and Sony E-Mount System. I really like the EM10 and out of the three mentioned in the topic it would be the cheapest model. (Nauticam rig/Dome/Handle) I'd guess that the 16MP would be enough and I like the choice of lenses you have at MFT. The only thing that makes me think about buying it is the poor video features. More and more cameras are coming with 4K and here you are limited to 1080@30p. I d love to have 50p in this camera.
The GX7 has same advantages with the lenses and everything can do 50p, I d guess the Oly's IQ is a little better. It will be a little more expensive than the EM10 in full setup.
The Sony a6000 is a 24MP cam with 50p capture mode and everything I d love. But housing and dome will be much more expensive (round about 500-600 more).
First of all I would take the fitting Pancake Kit Zoom lens and extend it with wet lenses. I love to be flexible underwater. I am thinking of a Macro and a Fisheye wet lens. By the way: Which wet-lenses would you recommend as extension for the kit-lenses?
Total budget for Camera, Housing, Port, Handle and wet lenses is 3000€. (I'd also go for 3100, but not for 4000€).
I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas, even if you have a totally different setup-idea.
thanks
Bene