Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

D800 + Sigma 15 + 1.4x Converter. Anyone tried?

Started by kmsellin ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

D800 + Sigma 15 + 1.4x Converter. Anyone tried?

5 posts
  1. Hi Guys,

     

    Do anyone tried D800 + Sigma 15 + 1.4x Converter? Do you guys know if the Sigma works both with Kenko PRO and Nikons own 1.4x?

     

    My Ide is Close up Wide Angle in Lembeh in october. Can anyone show pictures from this setup?

     

    Regards! Mattias

  2. Hi Matias;

     

    I shot quite a bit with this in Fiji. I think it works out pretty well. Others felt that you should just get closer, but sometimes it doesn't work out that way. I used the Kenko 1.4 TC, not sure about the new Nikon.

     

    Jack

     

    8093302754_16f5a2925f_c.jpg

    Soft Coral & Gorgonian Fan by Optical Ocean, on Flickr

     

    8093298697_8f68e3795f_c.jpg

    Hard Coral by Optical Ocean, on Flickr

     

    8425331551_bde5b9498e_c.jpg

    Manta by Optical Ocean, on Flickr

  3. Jack, that is a great Manta!

  4. Hi Matias;

     

    I shot quite a bit with this in Fiji. I think it works out pretty well. Others felt that you should just get closer, but sometimes it doesn't work out that way. I used the Kenko 1.4 TC, not sure about the new Nikon.

     

    Jack

     

    8093302754_16f5a2925f_c.jpg

    Soft Coral & Gorgonian Fan by Optical Ocean, on Flickr

     

    8093298697_8f68e3795f_c.jpg

    Hard Coral by Optical Ocean, on Flickr

     

    8425331551_bde5b9498e_c.jpg

    Manta by Optical Ocean, on Flickr

    Thanks for sharing! I really like the sharpness in this pictures. What port configuration do you use with the 1.4x?

  5. The top two were shot with the Nauticam 8.5" acrylic port + a 20mm ext. The bottom with the 9" Zen glass dome + a 20mm ext.

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.