Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

***Official Rookie Mistake Thread***

Started by Chasin' Tales ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

***Official Rookie Mistake Thread***

1 posts
  1. We all screw up from time to time. The only bad mistake is one from which you don't learn - and end up repeating. I think anything diving or photography related is appropriate here.

     

    I recently shot an entire dive without checking or changing the F stop on the 100 mm macro lens, which was set at 2.8. The depth of field was garbage and I ended up with a pile of bad pics that otherwise would have been ok with a greater depth of field.

     

    The first trip using the 5D w/ 100 mm macro lens was spent with the IS turned off the entire time. Probably didn't make much of a difference, but hopefully won't happen again.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.