Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Orcas attacking grey whale in Monterey Bay

Started by herbko ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Orcas attacking grey whale in Monterey Bay

7 posts
  1. Wow...........that's some action!.........nature can be brutal sometimes......I'm glad the gray and her baby survived this one!

     

    Thanks for posting

     

    Karl

  2. Wow... unbelievable!!! Just like the footage on the Blue Planet!! I love orcas and I love whales. I am glad the grey's won this time!!

    :D

  3. The poor baby orcas - without that whale tongue they may not survive! :D:lol:

     

    (Yes, that was said tongue in cheek. But sometimes it's hard to tell who the "good guys" are in nature, eh?)

     

    Thanks for posting the link Herb, that is too cool. Have you guys seen the video from the air of the orcas attacking the blue whale and eating its tongue?

     

    Cheers

    James

  4. For any Orca lovers, I can really recommend going to Lofoten, Norway in October. I went last year and swam with them 4 out of 5 days and got a few decent photos. Some of them came within a few meters, and one calf stopped about a meter away from me, looked me in the eye, turned his head and made a strange noice before he caught up with the rest of the group. Truly awesome.

     

    I went with www.lofotdykk.no and will be happy to answer any questions regarding practicalities etc.

  5. James,

     

    Have you guys seen the video from the air of the orcas attacking the blue whale and eating its tongue?

     

    Where can I find the video? It would be interesting to see. Of note, did you happen to see the pictures of the tiger and bull sharks killing the blue whale? I saw it in a British diving magazine. I think it happened near Thailand.

     

    Jeff

  6. If I'm not mistaken, it was on the BBC series "The blue planet", and you can get it on DVD.

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.