Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

How to change the port on Olympus PT-EP05L

Started by Haggis123 ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

How to change the port on Olympus PT-EP05L

7 posts
  1. What is the step by step process to swap the port on my PT-EP05L for a ZEN WA one.

    Never done this so a little nervous.

    Pictures or youtube would be good.

    Thanks,

  2. Wolf

    Thanks for the guide.

    The PT-EP05L has the "silly" focus lights at the front and a battery case on the right hand side of the housing.

    (If anyone has a spare flat port without these I would be happy to negotiate a price)

    I think there are 2 small screws in the battery case but I am not sure if thats all that is involved.

     

  3. There is a white connector for focus lights on left as u look at port from opening. I just binned off the focus lights straight away. Let us know hoe u get on.

  4. So far so good. Yes bit the bullet, toys arrived this week (port and 9-14 60mm macro on its way) and I got the courage to take the housing apart this morning.

    PB022753.jpg

    Very scary, the port is very tight, but does turn.

     

    I did remember to unclip the focus lights

    PB022755.jpg

     

    After gently cleaning and lubricating the O Rings assemble was quite easy.

    PB022758.jpg

     

    In the pool this week to make sure we don't have any leaks then off to Indonesia in December Yes :lol2:

  5. Good stuff. I found the zen slides into postion a treat. Not so easy with Oly port. Have fun in Indonesia. Off to sharm for a play next week. ;).

  6. Took the new port, and the 60mm to the pool for a play.

     

    PB132785.jpg

     

    PB132799.jpg

     

    Need to concentrate on strobe placement, easy to get an underexposed picture.

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.