Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

OMD EM1 Firmware Upgrade 2.0

Started by KarenW ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

OMD EM1 Firmware Upgrade 2.0

4 posts
  1. Hi all, greetings

     

    I've just today been able to do the firmware upgrade on my EM1. Before the upgrade I had the AEL/AFL button assigned as the focus so I could use the back lever on the Nauticam housing. Now after the upgrade it appears that I have lost that ability - assigning the AEL/AFL button as focus has disappeared. Or, is it just me??

     

    If indeed I am no longer able to assign the AEL/AFL button as focus, am I able to revert back to the old firmware. Hope someone is able to point me in the right direction.

     

    Cheers - Karen

  2. The V.2 firm wear update reset your camera to the factory settings and you lost ALL of your custom settings. All you need do is reset your custom functions and you will have the rear AFL working again. You may want to check all of your non factory presets as I lost more than just the AFL back lever focus. The update has some excellent new features but Olympus should have highlighted the fact that the reset would occur.

    Edited by Phil Rudin
  3. Hi Phil, I have been slowly resetting my custom MYSETS settings however when I go into the buttons/lever functions, go to AEL/AFL function and scroll through the list of available assignments, there is nothing there for focussing :( If there is, I can't find it :( I've tried to call Olympus in Australia and they aren't answering, so I'm kind of lost.

  4. Go into the AF Settins(A) ---> AEL/AFL there you can choose "mode3" so you can focus with the AEL/AFL Button

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.