Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Broken port clip on ikelite housing

Started by AlexB ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Broken port clip on ikelite housing

5 posts
  1. Hi

     

    I've broken one of the 4 port clips on my Ikelite housing. My old Ikelite housing only had 2 port clips, so my question is will my newer housing still work fine with 3 clips holding the port on?

     

    Cheers for any advice :)

     

    Alex

  2. Keep in mind that when 'deep' that water pressure is doing much more to hold your port in place than the port locks.

     

    Replacements are very inexpensive. Ikelite part # 9072.24 You should be able to find these 'local' to you now that you have the part number.

     

    Details on page 9 in this Ikelite document for their 8 inch dome.

  3. Thanks for the info chap! That'[s great :)

  4. I always carry a spare low profile clamp. Lucky, too. My camera bag took a hit and when I pulled my housing out to set it up, one clamp was smashed. It was really easy to replace.

     

    That said, I would use it with one clamp off, but I would be careful.

  5. Yer I've just ordered a spare too. Thanks for the tip chap! :)

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.