I'm using a stereo pair of Nikon D5300 DSLRs in Ikelite housings for fisheries research in small, shallow (< 2 m) streams. I'm recording via HDMI to Atomos Ninja Blades, and I'm trying to figure out how to power the cameras for much longer than their usual battery life via the external power supply connector:
http://www.nikonusa.com/en/Nikon-Products/Product/Power-Packs/EP-5A-Power-Supply-Connector.html
and corresponding AC adapter
http://www.nikonusa.com/en/Nikon-Products/Product/Power-Adapters/EH-5b-AC-Adapter.html
I'd like to find a waterproof way to run power from a portable AC generator to the cameras, through the housings, to keep them on indefinitely. The waterproof part of the system needs to run at least 6 feet or so (to an extension cord above the water's surface).
Does anyone make any sort of generic bulkhead I could adapt for this? Is it possible to do this with some sort of epoxy instead? Does anyone know any resources or webpages that would be helpful for figuring out how to do this?
(On a related note, I also have to figure out how to circumvent the 30 minute "live view auto off" limitation. I'm currently thinking of using a tiny microcontroller and linear actuator to press the exposure compensation button inside the housing every 29 minutes, which prevents the auto off but does nothing else. I'd welcome other suggestions.)