Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Ikelite D5300 Housing Issues

Started by scuba@60 ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Ikelite D5300 Housing Issues

3 posts
  1. I dove my new rig in June, Sept and Oct in tropical waters for a total of @40 dives. I follow all instructions and maintenance to the letter. This is my 2nd Ikelite housing and the first one was used for 5 years / 200 dives with NO issues.

    I need to return the new housing to ikelite for the following reasons

    1) rust on inside of housing around shutter release where it touches the acrylic and all over the movie record nut

    rust on the lid snap component on the rear of the housing on the outside against the acrylic

    2) the command dial refused to rotate the camera dial after the first 25 dives

    3) the gear sleeves (2 lenses) have never worked smoothly but I did manage to get them functional for the first 25 dives

    4) after 25 dives the zoom control would not function at depth ( I love the challenge of only taking pics with f4.5 for the whole dive!)

     

    Any words of wisdom before I contact Ikelite??

  2. Put some weights in your housing and soak it in distilled water for a week. If that doesn't solve the problem then you need to send it into ikelite for service. in regards to the zoom gear you probably need to experiment and analyze the situation once you have the other problems resolved. I am positive that ikelite will resolve your problem. ikelite has a forum here: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ikelite/

     

    Bill

  3. Thanks again Bill. I'll let you know how things turn out.

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.