I used to use a 1510 but found that 1) I had to take the handle apart (Ike housing was for a Canon 7D - so the housing size is similar) and 2) the 1510 contributed 13.5 lbs in weight (empty - with foam insets). Also I could not fit my 8" dome into the Pelican. So, I switched to using an Akona <7 lb. carry-on and I cut to fit additional foam padding for the bottom, top and sides myself. Padding was gotten from Walmart (1/2 " thick blue semi-hard foam meant for sleeping bags and inflatable mattresses). Now I can carry my 7D housing (nauticam), strobes, domes and ports in one bag that fits in all overheads, has a solid build (including hard bottom) and rugged wheels/retractable handle. Here is a link at Akona for the newest version. Mine, which is burgundy and a couple of years old, is $137 at Amazon with free shipping http://www.akona.com/product.php?product_id=297
I also carry multiple cameras and lenses along with computer. My other carry-on of choice for those items is the well-padded Cinebag CB 27 Lens Smuggler. I can get 2 SLRs, GoPro, 4-5 lenses, chargers, cards, batteries, computer and tablet with room to spare. The case is expensive and well worth it ($229). Here is an Amazon link. http://www.amazon.com/CineBags-CB27-Smuggler-Cameras-Charcoal/dp/B00ANJIC3U/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1415375887&sr=8-11&keywords=cinebags
So - with these two carry-ons I feel very secure in case either need to be handed off for puddle jumper flight, but I have found both will fit easily in the smallest overhead bins and the Cinebag will even fit under the seat in front of me (thus it has replaced my backpack).
The Pelican is great - but way too heavy for today's weight restrictions. Good luck and this setup has travelled probably 50-60K miles with no issues and much piece of mind over the last couple of years. If you have any questions let me know!