Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Panasonic 8mm fish eye or samyang 8mm?

Started by terenceg ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Panasonic 8mm fish eye or samyang 8mm?

2 posts
  1. Hi guys, was wondering if any of you folks used both before and what's the outcome.

     

    I've read quite a few reviews on the net but nothing beats a truthful comment.

     

    This is to fit into my Olympus housing for omd m5 with zenunderwater 4" dome.

     

    Cheers

    TerryG

  2. That would be interesting, I think many have one or the other only.

     

    I have Panasonic, E-M5 and Nauticam housing and dome. I like to have the option of auto focus. That said, most of the time I have had this lens (soon a yr) I have actually locked the focus as the low-light levels makes the AF hunt anyway.

     

    In that respect, maybe the Samyang would work ok, however I think one would need a focus gear, because the focus needs to be set underwater and I think it is going to need to be very precisely set. Is there any obstacles for producing a 3D printed gear for that manual lens?

     

    /O

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.