Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Olympus PT-EP10 with Panasonic 8mm fisheye

Started by Hibaku ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Olympus PT-EP10 with Panasonic 8mm fisheye

3 posts
  1. Hello everyone,

     

    Has anyone tried the Panasonic 8mm fisheye with the Olympus PT-EP10 housing?

    I have read that in order to use both the Zen (glass) and Precision (acrylic) dome ports we need a "small modification" to the housing.

     

    As I am a bit nervous about modifying the housing due to it becoming leak prone, I searched for different ports and ended up finding the following:

     

    - Athena OPD-F100-EP05: glass dome port that doesn't need any housing modification (has anyone actually tried it?)

    - Saga 1120 - glass 4" dome for Olympus PT housings: has anyone every tried these? I cannot find the information if this requires any modification to the housing or not.

     

    Any feedback or suggestion is more than welcome.

     

    Thanks in advance for your help.

     

    Cheers

    Nuno

  2. I just received my Precision dome for the PT-EP10 housing this week. You do need to make a modification to the housing and it is described in this video

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvCuAtMmaRM&feature=youtu.be

     

    I don't trust my handy work enough so I shipped my housing to Bluewater Photo and they made the modificaiton for me. So far I've only tested it in the sink and it didn't leak.

     

    Hope this helps, Let me know if you have any other questions.

  3. Actually I just contacted one shop selling the Saga dome and they sent me a picture of the PT-EP10 housing with the dome: it seems it does not require any modification.

    As for the Athena one I also found a photo online with the dome fitting the housing properly (no modifications needed).

     

    I wouldn't mind sending it to Bluewater Photo for the modification but living in Europe it would take ages to get it done :)

     

    But at least now I know I can count on 2 brands with no need for modification.

     

    Thanks for your help!!

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.