Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Issue with Titles reducing resolution in cs6 premiere

Started by Oceanshutter ·

  • 10Posts
  • 10Replies

Read-only discussion

Issue with Titles reducing resolution in cs6 premiere

10 posts
  1. Hello everyone,

     

    I am getting pretty frustrated with a couple of projects that I have been working on, and I think they both have the same issue....although slightly different.

     

    What is happening is when I add a title to my timeline the resulting exported video's resolution is greatly reduced. Delete the title and export and it works fine. So I know it has something to do with the title and the sequence.

     

    Here are the 2 examples that I having problems with

    - 'Still Title' with a 'Zoom' effect applied to it. The zoom is going during the entire title. Essentially it is some wording that is zooming towards the viewer.

    - 'crawling title' that moves from left to right. Similar to the new ticker that is shown at the bottom of the screen on a news broadcast.

     

    The similarities is that it is a title that is moving in some way.

     

    Again, if these titles are taken out, the video is fine on the export. Put them back in and the file size is massively reduced and the resolution is down considerably. Very blocky and pixelated.

     

    I am using Premiere CS6 with a 30 fps sequence and 30 fps video from my dslr.

     

    This has been very frustrating, and any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

     

    Dustin

     

     

     

     

     

     

  2. How are you creating the titles and animating them? It sounds like you are perhaps putting the animation key-frames on the entire sequence, rather than just the title layer. I have added many title sequences like yours and never had a problem. I'm using the same version of PP.

  3. How are you creating the titles and animating them? It sounds like you are perhaps putting the animation key-frames on the entire sequence, rather than just the title layer. I have added many title sequences like yours and never had a problem. I'm using the same version of PP.

    On the still title, all I am doing is adding the zoom effect to the title. Then making the zoom the same length of the title...5 seconds. To add the still, just going to >title>still title. That's it.

  4. Hi Dustin

     

    If I want to add zoom and/or movement to a title, I do the following:

     

    1. Create the Title (Still)

    2. Drag the Title onto the sequence, move it to the position I need it and stretch it to the desired length.

    3. Click on the title, then select 'Effect Controls' in the source window.

    4. Use key-frames and adjust the position and scale settings to create zoom and/or movement

     

    This works well. Not sure exactly what method you are using.

     

    Cheers,

     

    Kaj

  5. Hi Dustin

     

    If I want to add zoom and/or movement to a title, I do the following:

     

    1. Create the Title (Still)

    2. Drag the Title onto the sequence, move it to the position I need it and stretch it to the desired length.

    3. Click on the title, then select 'Effect Controls' in the source window.

    4. Use key-frames and adjust the position and scale settings to create zoom and/or movement

     

    This works well. Not sure exactly what method you are using.

     

    Cheers,

     

    Kaj

    That is different than I am doing. I am using the zoom effect/ transition...which seems easier. But since it's not working...I need to try your way in the morning.

  6. That is different than I am doing. I am using the zoom effect/ transition...which seems easier. But since it's not working...I need to try your way in the morning.

    Yes. I think your method, though quick, doesn't work. When you add the zoom effect it just zooms the title, but sees it as a fixed size, so the title gets pixelated. For the text to properly increase, you need to use my method. If you haven't used key-frames before, it can seem very complicated, but they are incredibly powerful. I recommend you look up a YouTube tutorial to understand what you need to do.

     

    Cheers,

     

    Kaj

  7. Yes. I think your method, though quick, doesn't work. When you add the zoom effect it just zooms the title, but sees it as a fixed size, so the title gets pixelated. For the text to properly increase, you need to use my method. If you haven't used key-frames before, it can seem very complicated, but they are incredibly powerful. I recommend you look up a YouTube tutorial to understand what you need to do.

    Cheers,

    Kaj

    It isn't just pixelating the title it's the whole video. I will give your way a shot, I will try to find something on YouTube that explains it. I appreciate your help.

    Dustin

  8. I think I have the same problem but the resolution was greatly reduced only after uploaded to youtube/vimeo, didn't realize that it was due to the title. :fool:

    I mixed 50p with 25p in a 25p sequence and thought it was the problem.

    Edited by kkfok
  9. I think I have the same problem but the resolution was greatly reduced only after uploaded to youtube/vimeo, didn't realize that it was due to the title. :fool:

    I mixed 50p with 25p in a 25p sequence and thought it was the problem.

     

     

    I am having the issue after export.

  10. So I thought I would update this as I think I have found my problem....

    The problem occurs when I choose VBR 2pass in the export options. It works fine with vbr 1 pass.

     

    2 pass is what I normally do, and don't have issues. It seems that the moving title and 2 pass is what triggers it....

     

    Kaj, I tried the keyframe method, and it still has the problem. I like doing it that way however, so thanks for the tip!

     

    Anyone have any ideas of why 2 pass would trigger this? I was under the impression 2 pass should give better results, not worse....

     

    Dustin

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.