Some preliminary considerations based on the images published on wetpixel
http://interceptor121.com/2014/11/30/panasonic-dmc-lx100-housing-and-more/
Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic
Started by Interceptor121 ·
Read-only discussion
Some preliminary considerations based on the images published on wetpixel
http://interceptor121.com/2014/11/30/panasonic-dmc-lx100-housing-and-more/
Any comment on this one?
http://www.ikelite.com/housings/panasonic/6171.10-panasonic-lx100.html
kkfok, what specific comment are you looking for, ergonomic, feature, price? I used Ikelite housing for the Panasonic LX-7 before, it's very difficult to use. The metal cursor button at the back are so cramp, my thumb get painful after one dive. Since it's made out of Acrylic, it's very easy to get fog, which happened to me during one night dive and morning dive when the water was cooler.
Am going to cover this next weekendAny comment on this one?
http://www.ikelite.com/housings/panasonic/6171.10-panasonic-lx100.html
kkfok, what specific comment are you looking for, ergonomic, feature, price? I used Ikelite housing for the Panasonic LX-7 before, it's very difficult to use. The metal cursor button at the back are so cramp, my thumb get painful after one dive. Since it's made out of Acrylic, it's very easy to get fog, which happened to me during one night dive and morning dive when the water was cooler.
Thanks. I have never used an ikelite so would like to know the control/buttons design and also some more about the WD-4 air dome which can be used with this housing.
The weight of this housing is actually quite a turn off for me.
I've had several Ikelite housings for compact cameras
They all have worked very well.
I can not remember a fogging problem
In cold water metal housing tend to fog less as the port conducts heat less than the walls of the housing. In polycarbonate housing the port conducts more so in theory it can fog more easily. However in normal conditions if the inside of the housing is dry there is never an issue so wouldn't loose my sleep over this.
When I had the fog, I was at Lembeth, it rained in the evening and the whole night. So the whole place was humid to begin with. I assemble my camera and housing in the camera room but I still had fog issue, ended up not able to use the camera for two dives. It's not the end of the world. But the ergonomic doesn't work for me. I shoot video so every time before I take a shot, I have to do custom white balance, this is where my thumb get very sore from pressing those metal cursor key.
Lembeh can have 100% humidity. Best is to blast compressed air in the housing. For the ergonomics I agree the ikelite housing are nowhere near nauticam
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.