Skip to content

Classifieds / Archived topic

Nikon D300 Ikelite Package for sale

Started by DavidScubadiver ·

  • 15Posts
  • 15Replies

Read-only discussion

Nikon D300 Ikelite Package for sale

15 posts
  1. Back in 2008 I was bitten by the photography bug and bought a lot of gear, and dived for a few weeks with it while on vacation. The last time I went diving was my honeymoon in August of 2009, where we did a liveaboard on the Archipelago II in Indonesia. I had some amazing pictures taken and some amazing dives, but shortly thereafter, the children started being born. And that has put the kabash on the diving.

     

    Anyway, that is the back story. I have equipment that I spent a ton of money on, and which is not going to be used any time soon and I thought I would offer it up to someone who wanted to pay a fair price. It is all located in Yonkers, NY (just north of the Bronx) and I would ideally like to have some one come and cart it away (Fortunately, I have a large camera backpack that houses it all (other than the dome) which will make that a bit easier.

     

    So what do I have? From the original invoice:

     

    Ikelite Housing for Nikon D300 digital camera $1,424.95
    For Tokina 10-17mm lens:
    Ikelite 8" Dome port w/shade $ 379.95
    Ikelite Super Wide Body Extension Ring $ 117.95
    For 60mm lens
    Ikelite SLR Flat Port, 4.125" $141.95
    Strobe & arm:
    Ikelite Substrobe DS-125 Strobe with Diffuser $759.95
    Ikelite DS-125 Battery $125.00
    Ikelite Substrobe Smart Charger 1.5hr for DS-125 & DS-200 $94.95
    Ultralight Base Adaptor for NEW Ikelite SLR Release Hndl. $23.95
    Ultralight Ikelite DS-125, DS-50, DS-51 Adaptor $22.95
    Ultralight 8" Double Ball Arm $47.95
    Ultralight 5" Double Ball Arm $29.95
    3 Ultralight Fisheye Clamps (15 degrees side movement) $89.95
    Ikelite Digital TTL Single Sync Cord to one DS Strobe $94.95
    I was not planning to sell the lenses but given how little use they get, I could be persuaded to do so.
    Anyway, the total package without the lenses cost me $3,372.30 as per the above. I have NO IDEA what it is worth on the secondary market, so feel free to try and take advantage of me, just know that I'm not committing to sell for dirt cheap and may consider donating it to charity and taking a tax deduction. :)
    Everything worked fine the last time I used it. I would question the longevity strobe battery at this point as it hasn't been charged in over 3 years (I used to charge it every month but I used to do a lot of things, including diving and taking pictures!)
    I am writing this from the office and don't have photographs but everything is more than serviceable given the light usage and if anybody is interested in a photograph of the stuff, I will break it out over a weekend and take some pictures. Ideally, you live locally, can make an offer contingent on your seeing it and satisfying yourself with the merchandise, and you can pick it up at your convenience.
    Less ideally, you want to pay for it all and make me box it up and ship it to you. I really don't want to do that though because I am very lazy.
  2. Any offers? I have a D70 rig and would consider updating.

  3. Hasn't been snapped up yet. (You are the first to respond)

  4. hi mate will you consider selling me your 10-17 tokina and 60mm macro nikon lenses? also how much would you like for 2x 8" arms and two clamps?

  5. Unfortunatly, no. I want to get rid of the rig and not the lenses. And I don't want to canabalize it at this time since I want it to be ready to go for anybody who wants it.

  6. Sad day when nobody is interested in a fire sale. I will have to look into shipping it to a charity.

  7. You may have better luck if you post a price.

  8. $1,100

  9. Hi, would you like to ship to singapore?

  10. If I get my D300s for Fathers Day (was big family hints) I'll make you an offer next week.

     

    ITT

  11. I'd ship to Singapore but strongly prefer to deal locally so there is no confusion over what is being purchased. Plus, it's a lot of stuff to pack. Let me see if I get it sold by June 1.

  12. Duplicate

    Edited by DavidScubadiver
  13. I am interested in the 8" dome and port body as well as the arms and clamps. let me know if your willing to break it up. saulty72@hotmail.com

  14. That isn't going to work for me. Sorry.

  15. The above rig is still for sale. I'll part with it all for $1,000

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.