Skip to content

Classifieds / Archived topic

SplashCam Sidewinder 360 Complete Explorer Package

Started by Marvel26 ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

SplashCam Sidewinder 360 Complete Explorer Package

4 posts
  1. Hi there, I purchased this Sidewinder 360 Package a few years ago and only used it a couple of times. I took a look at it today and I realized that the scratch guard on the glass for the panning camera has never been removed!

     

    I upgraded the monitor and the umbilical in my package when I purchased it so it comes with the full 300' of umbilical and a 10.4" LCD "photo frame" monitor. The battery has lost it's charge in the past few years but the charger is fine and you can pick up a new 12V SLA battery for ~$20 online. It also can be sued with the included "cigarette lighter" adapters so the battery isn't really necessary. The case is a heavy duty roller Pelican and is airtight with a relief valve, waterproof, floats, and has four handles including an extendable handle when you want to roll it behind you.

     

    The camera itself is awesome and you can toggle between bottom-looking and panning whenever you wish. Both camera's have their own LED lights, the panning camera has more but both are really powerful. If you want to investigate what is on the bottom or swimming over it before you get wet this is the system for you!

     

    I paid $2099 US, I'm asking $1250 plus shipping costs but I will take any reasonable offer.

     

    Thanks for looking and here is what SeaViewDiving has to say about the non-upgraded Sidewinder 360 Explorer Pack, the upgrades were custom requests direct from SplashCam at the time:

     

    The Explorer Package is a complete underwater viewing system, which includes a 7 inch LCD monitor, rechargeable battery and a Pelican case.

    • Camera Head
    • Camera Control Unit
    • 100, 200 & 290 ft. Umbilical Cable
    • Cigarette Lighter Power Adapter
    • AC/DC Power Adapter
    • 6ft Male to Male Video Patch Cable
    • Drift Stabilizer Fin
    • Cable Clamp
    • 7" Color LCD Monitor w/ Sunshade
    • 12V 7.5AH Rechargeable Battery w/ Charger
    • Pelican Brand Case

     

     

     

    Edited by Marvel26
  2. Hmmm, 70 views and no nibbles.....I will take a lower offer so if you're interested let me know what you think is reasonable I won't be offended. I would change the price on the original post but for some reason the edit button is missing.

     

    Rob

  3. I am interested possibly. Please email me your contact info. jksar@yahoo.com

  4. is the sidewinder 360 still for sale??...

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.