Well, yesterday I completed my MOD3 course with a dive to 100m on the rEvo here in Bali. The deep spring kit was partially successful, partially not. I found that for the top buttons on the 5DII (WB, timer, ISO and backlight) the deep spring kit meant that the housing buttons didn't even reach the camera. Of those four buttons, I only use the ISO so I changed that one back to a regular spring. On an 84m dive and the subsequent 100m dive I could use the ISO button at depth and it wasn't pushed in the rest of the time. There must be a bit more tolerance at the top in the way my camera sits in the housing.
I also discovered that the "set" button was a write-off from about 60m, regardless of springs used or extra grease applied. For the 5DII the Aquatica housing has a cross-piece in it to relocate the housing button so it's not directly above the camera button. This seems to upset things. Once it gets stuck in there's no getting it out but it doesn't seem to interrupt other operations. The main drawback is no filming below 60m - I can switch into Liveview mode but can't start or stop recording.
Lastly, my backbutton focus lever was a bit more temperamental. After focussing I had to push it back up into the correct, non-button-pushing position to get it to release at depth. I usually pull it out slightly to stop it activating the button, and it was not going to stay in the "out" position without a fair bit of force holding it out. Pushing it up worked well as an alternative. Once I worked out back button focus issues and with the ISO spring replaced, photos at depth went well. Here's a selfie from 100m to prove it!
