Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

extension ports got stuck

Started by bert w. ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

extension ports got stuck

8 posts
  1. Hi all,

     

    I have two seacam PVL extension ports that are stuck together and that I would like to remove from each other.

    Anyone with suggestions how to do this without causing damage?

    Just with bare hands it seems impossible (even with 2 persons).

     

    Thanks in advance

     

     

  2. Hi Bert,

    Have you tried a couple of strap wrenchs? I always carry two in my gear bag. Works every time for me.

     

    Good luck,

    Steve

  3. Put it into a freezer for one hour and try it again.

    Jörg

     

     

    Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Tapatalk

  4. +1 on strap wrench!

  5. I used to carry two strap wrenches for stuck extensions or ports, but do not now.

    Although tight, my extension tubes or ports are less binding since I changed o-ring grease.

  6. Hi Elmer,

    What o-ring grease did you change to? For your Subal rig?

     

    Steve

  7. Thanks for the tips, I'll try to separate them this weekend.

  8. Hi Elmer,

    What o-ring grease did you change to? For your Subal rig?

     

    Steve

    Steve,

     

    I changed over to Tribolube 71 a while ago. I simply got tired of carrying different proprietary greases for my black, yellow, blue, gray and red colored o-rings.

    I am not an engineer, but the coefficient of friction appears to be less and this lube/grease appears to stay moist or wet longer.

     

    Elmer

    Edited by eyu
Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.