Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Aquatica D7000 Housing issues with new camera

Started by Garrethe ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Aquatica D7000 Housing issues with new camera

3 posts
  1. So, I purchased a Nikon D7000 Aquatica housing and D7000 camera not long after the D7000 came out. With Black Friday I was able to purchase a new D7000 for $529.00 so I thought for that price I would get me another camera. I am getting ready to leave for a trip and put everything together and....the flash is too tall in the housing

    to work, IE it will not fully deploy and thus will not fire. I'm using Sea and Sea optic cables so that's a problem. The Info button doesn't work. Won't wake up the

    camera. The Main control knob won't turn the wheel on the camera. So, I put the old camera in the housing and lo and behold everything works just fine. So my question is do you think they have changed the D7000 slightly during the run? Any other suggestions as to what might be going on? Thanks for any insight you may offer

    and Merry Christmas!

  2. Sounds like Nikon made some kind of a change. I have two D7000 and an Aquatica housing. No problems with either camera. Both cameras are a couple years old. I'd suggest that you contact Jean, Technical Director at Aquatica. If any one knows what's going on, it will be him.

     

    Take some measurements of your two cameras and compare. Also make sure that the Aquatica base is properly seated on the new camera.

     

    And please post your answer or whatever you find out.

  3. If you forgot to remove the rubber eyecup from the camera before installing the camera into the housing, you would get similar symptoms...

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.