Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Nauticam mirrorless dome port options

Started by Kyle_Howie ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

Nauticam mirrorless dome port options

8 posts
  1. Hello.

     

    I'm new to UW photography but have been enjoying Freediving and spearfishing for many years.

     

    I'm looking for information on which dome ports are compatible with Nauticam mirrorless housings, specifically the NA-A5000 with sony 16mm pancake and fisheye converter.

     

    What domes are compatible larger than the 4.33"? I would like a larger one to make over/under shots easier.

     

    Is there not an adaptor to use nauticam's SLR domes on the MIL housings?

    I should add that I'm not looking to give up a kidney to pay for it either.

     

    Thanks for your responses!

     

     

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. No specific knowledge to offer you but go to backscatter.com Input your camera and housing, select the lenses you're interested in and it will recommend ports. This should be a good start.

  3. Thanks guys. I think I've decided to just bite the bullet and get the Zen 170mm glass dome port since it's a direct fit to the MIL housings. Other ports would fit via adaptor but that's just another place to leak

     

     

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. Kyle,

     

    There is a couple of variants of the 170mm dome.

     

    One with 30mm of extension tube builtin (so it works with the Olympus 12-40mm)

    http://reefphoto.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=161_166&products_id=7202

     

    And one without (so for the 7-14mm or 12-35mm you will need the 20mm extension tube also)
    http://reefphoto.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=161_166&products_id=6302

     

    I have earlier one (without builtin tube) - so if you have any questions, just ask!

  5. Thanks trickster,

     

    I'm using the Sony 16mm pancake lens plus fisheye adaptor. I shouldn't need any extensions right?

     

     

     

     

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. Received confirmation from reef photo, no extension needed for this setup. The part # for zen 170mm dome without extension ends in .n85 for anyone interested

     

     

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Edited by Kyle_Howie
  7. You will love it Kyle. Post up some photos once you got it wet!

    You will love it Kyle. Post up some photos once you got it wet!

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.