Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Movng to mirrorless or not ?

Started by PhotographingBlind ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Movng to mirrorless or not ?

6 posts
  1. My vision is going the wrong way. I can not see anymore through the viewfinder of my D7000.

    I am looking for a camera with the same quality but where i can see through a screen.

    Which camera has this at the moment, ?

    Which lenses and housing do you advise for WA and Macro ?

     

    Thx !

  2. You can use the D7000 in live view, why not?

    Bill

  3. I've been very happy with my mirrorless set up (Olympus EM-1 in Nauticam housing), but have you considered getting a magnifying viewfinder for your DSLR? I've used mine both with my old Canon DSLR and the EM-1 (electronic viewfinder) and it makes a huge difference. In fact, even with the mirrorless EM-1 I prefer to use the magnified viewfinder over the rear LCD mostly because of in water characteristics (easier to hold steady, better diver trim).

  4. Does your D7000 have a HDMI output?

     

    What about an external viewer?

  5. Almost all DSLRs can be used in live view (the little "LV" button to the right of the screen on D7000) and would be just as easy to see as any compact or mirrorless system.

    Edited by shinythings
  6. I use a D7000 on land and a Panny GX1 underwater. That should give a hint at my vote.

     

    And while the D7000 can be used with live view, the focus performance is less than poor. Whether that is a problem for you depends on your subjects, of course, but I could not live it.

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.