Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Digital Online Chat - www.reefpix.org

Started by james ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Digital Online Chat - www.reefpix.org

6 posts
  1. image

     

    Hi gang,

     

    I'd like to launch my new website with an online chat and you are all invited! Please take your wetsuit off before coming inside...:)

     

    What I would like to do is present a talk I gave to my local UW Photo Society called "From Film to Digital" The talk will be geared for both beginners and "seasoned" UW photographers. I have put all my slides up online so everyone can follow along. After the "presentation" I think it would be great if we could have a roundtable discussion where everyone can share their unique expertise and "tips and tricks" for each camera/housing system. Jeff, I'd be delighted if you could talk about the Olympus systems a bit, and I think I can cover the Coolpix line. Others?

     

    Chat Details:

    Time: Wednesday July 24th 9pm Eastern

    Place: reefpix.org Chatroom

    Clothing/Dress: Optional

     

    To enter the chatroom, go to my website and click on the "Chat" link. There is only one room - General Chat. Click on that, enter your nickname, and voila! The chat software is OPTIMIZED for Internet Explorer but it will work with Netscape, just not as well.

     

    Please stop by my site and have a look around. Check out the Galleries, the two posted articles, and make sure to vote in the poll...:P My next article will be going up later this week.

     

    Cheers and hope to see you all on Wednesday!

     

    James Wiseman

    www.reefpix.org

  2. Sorry James, that is the very hour that I leave for Cocos.

  3. Any relation to Clay Wiseman? Just curious!

  4. ROFL! You're not the first person that has asked me that.

     

    Nope, as Forrest Gump would say, "We are not relations."

     

    I do think Clay lives in Texas though...small world, eh?

     

    Cheers

    James

  5. I actually met Clay Wiseman here in the SF Bay Area, just chatted with him at one of those weekend street fair deals where he was selling some of his photos. I think he said he lived in Santa Cruz (which is nearby, between here and Monterey), though I'm not clear on where he was from. This was about 3, maybe 4 years ago.

  6. Thanks everyone for attending the first reefpix.org chat and making it a success! In enjoyed meeting you all and hope we can all get together again soon. In the meantime feel free to drop by the chatroom when you are feeling "social." I'm usually there in the evenings (houston time).

     

    I did notice a lot of people popping in and out. If you all were having technical difficulties, please let me know. This is brand new software so "bug reports" are appreciated.

     

    Same goes for the registration process. It is working, but it doesn't send you your password! Click on Register again and then ask it to send you a confirmation code. You can THEN use that to get your password. Sorry about the bug - I'll try to get it fixed ASAP.

     

    The Transcript and slides from the talk will be posted ASAP!

     

    Cheers

    James

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.