I decided the only way to get a gallery i liked online was to start my own. So after looking at all the possibilities i have decided to go for a PHP based form.
I have just tried using Coppermine and would like feedback on it please. Maybe someone would like to try registering and posting an album on their of their own? just so i can test it properly.
Limits are 2mb per photo. Thumbnails will be generated automatically.
If anyone has any other suggestions as to any better alternatives please make them.
Suggest you not allow your site's directories directly to be browsed via the web - it's a server setting (ask your host), or you can add default pages (again depends upon the server's settings - either index.htm, default.htm, index.php, etc.) in each to keep people from accessing your files directly. Nice photos!
I use Coppermine on my website. Works well for my purposes...