Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Custom tripod legs attachment for Nauticam housing

Started by Atobit ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Custom tripod legs attachment for Nauticam housing

7 posts
  1. I made a mockup of a tripod legs attachment for my Nauticam NA-A7 housing. I was looking for something simple and compact. For now I printed the parts, will send them for machining shortly.

    NA7_tripod_00.jpg

    NA7_tripod_01.jpg

    NA7_tripod_02.jpg

    NA7_tripod_03.jpg

     

    I use an updated handle L plate as support for the front legs. I found cheap Inon style strobe ball mount.

    NA7_tripod_04.jpg

    NA7_tripod_05.jpg

     

    For the back leg, I use the tripod mound a attachment and one of the feature use during the body machining as anti-return point. To simply the part, a bushing is press-fitted on the plate.

    NA7_tripod_08.jpg

    NA7_tripod_07.jpg

    NA7_tripod_06.jpg

     

    While the X404 legs seems to be the best, for a try I found cheap legs too.

    NA7_tripod_09.jpg

     

    I more than welcome feedback and idea for improvement.

  2. Looks great, I am actually looking for something similar for my compact camera system (RX100m4) and having spent a bit of time researching I don't find anything convincing to buy "out-of-the-box" so I might just try and adapt this idea for use with the Nauticam Flexitray if you don't mind.

     

    Just need to trace someone nearby doing the tooling at reasonable cost....

    Edited by bubffm
  3. very cool. good work

  4. This looks great, Atobit! Are you willing to share the design files from which you printed the parts?

  5. Sure!

    Here a zip file that content the 3D step files and a PDF.

    Feel free for question.

     

    http://atobit.com/?wpdmdl=1809

     

     

    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

    Edited by Atobit
  6. Hello Lionfish,

    could you please provide an other download link please ? this one (http://atobit.com/?wpdmdl=1809) seems to be broken ...

     

    Thanks a lot

    Éric

  7. You might also try www.thorlabs.com who produce opto-mechanical parts which can be used to build stuff - using 1/4" x 20tpi which fits tripod threads, or M6 - some of their parts could be used if you like mechano! I use them for all sorts of things - they manufacture in stainless steel and anodised aluminium.

     

    As an example: https://www.thorlabs.com/newgrouppage9.cfm?objectgroup_id=223

     

    Not cheap but probably cheaper than getting stuff machined unless you diy.

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.