Hello,
I currently use a Sony RX-100 I in a Nauticam housing employing natural light only. I am considering upgrading to A Sony A-6000 w/16-50mm kit lens in a Nauticam housing with a flat port.
The question I have for users of the Sony E-mount lenses is. How does the 16-50mm kit lens compare to the 28-100mm lens, on the RX, as far as sharpness and auto focus speed are concerned?
I am a freediver and my subjects, 90% of the time, are Pelagic fish approximately 24” to 72” in length & normally do not come any closer to the camera that 5-10ft. I do not need a large wide-angle lens with a dome but I do want a lens that focuses fast & has good depth of field. I fear that a wide-angle lens with a dome will make the subjects appear too small. As my bottom time is limited to one breath and when the fish come in-things can happen very quickly-it is important to have an automatic camera system with minimal settings. I shoot aperture priority most of the time so I can only concentrate on focusing and composure. The Nikonos lenses are manual and changing f-stops & shutter speeds by hand would introduce steps that I believe would be cumbersome & slow, thus missing many opportunities, so I have discounted those lenses.
I have read & researched all of the post concerning the E-mount lenses that I could find but most of the subject posts pertain to Macro and Close focus wide-angle lenses, which do not suit my purpose, hence my inquiry.
Thank you everyone for you responses in advance.
D