Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Problems with LR 5 cache...need help

Started by DiverPam ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Problems with LR 5 cache...need help

4 posts
  1. Hey guys...thought someone here might have run across this problem before and be able to help me out.

     

    When I open my LR 5 on my laptop, it gives the following error.

     

    "Lightroom encountered an error when reading from the its preview cache and needs to quit." And then something to effect it will attempt to repair the issue on next time it opens. But after many times, stll not working.

     

    I have also attempted to uninstall and then reinstall LR to see if this fixes the issue, but it did not.

     

    Any suggestions welcome - Diverpam

  2. Finally found something online about this. Seems like when I finally give up and ask questions, I find answers. Should have asked sooner!

     

    Pam

    Edited by DiverPam
  3. Hi Pam,

    Check out Adobe's response to a similar problem report here;

     

    http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/frustrated_preview_cache

     

    It could be because the preview is corrupted. Why it got corrupted is another story. Could be nothing, in rare occasions it could be the drive starting to fail? I'm sure you have it backed up yes?

     

    Good luck,

    Steve

  4. Thanks Steve. Information helped. Yes....it is backed up. LR now reading previews after I followed instructions on this.

     

    Thank Pam

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.