Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Marine grade double sided tape?

Started by Greatoldone ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Marine grade double sided tape?

3 posts
  1. Hi All,

     

    I need to re-attach a plastic mounting for my optical sync cord on my ikelite case. It originally came with a double sided, thin foam tape that held it on, but it's been knocked off, and the pad destroyed in the process.

     

    Can I use any old double sided tape, or is there a special marine grade that I should look for? I don't want it to be permanent either, as I'd like to be able to remove it later if I swap housings / camera etc.

     

    Thanks

     

    Jason

  2. 3M 4941 VHB Double-Sided Acrylic Foam Tape

    great stuff, works great, use it for many aquatic uses.

    Bill

  3. Thanks Bill. :)

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.