Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Problem OMD EM1

Started by bear35 ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Problem OMD EM1

4 posts
  1. Hi,

     

    Has anyone had a problem with the batteries on the EM1?

    I have just been away on a trip and on one dive my camera just switched off and would not restart. I surfaced removed the battery and replaced it and it seemed to be working. Next dive it would not turn on, so again I surfaced and had a closer look. To make the camera work I had to open the battery door and push lightly on the battery. The only way I could resolve it was to put a piece of card in-between the door and battery.

    Anyone else had this or similar problems?

     

  2. I have this occurence on my EM5.

     

    Same problem, same resolution. Updated to the latest SW version this weekend, I need to test does it change anything, but it does not seem like a SW issue.

     

    Then again, if the card between the doors and the battery resolves the problem, I would consider it fixed. :)

    Edited by Aleksandar
  3. Just like superglue on the mode dial to keep it from falling off in the housing makes it fixed. Seriously, OLY should take their quality a bit more seriously.

    Bill

  4. Oh, my dial fell off too Bill.

    Its odd but since I have returned home to the somewhat less sunny conditions of the UK it works fine without the card!

    I know the piece of card sorted it out but on a camera that is only just over six months old, you should not have to be doing things like that to get it to work! Especially when you look at what it cost in the first place....

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.