Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

How to remove water mark/blemish from Nauticam Housing

Started by dovechoco ·

  • 10Posts
  • 10Replies

Read-only discussion

How to remove water mark/blemish from Nauticam Housing

10 posts
  1. Hi. I need tips on how to remove whitish water mark/ blemish from my Nauticam housing. I have tried Salt Away, Toothpaste, Tarnish off, Laundry detergent and car polish but all to no avail.

     

    Does anyone here have tips on how to keep my external housing looking new again?

     

    Thanks

  2. There is really nothing that will get rid of the marks from anodized aluminum. You can try a little vegetable oil to make it look better but it never last long.

  3. Yeah, we hit them with some silicone spray to make it look better, but consider them as an aged, "experienced housing".

     

    Jack

  4. I think I recall reading in an old post some people use gun oil to bring the black anodised finish to new? Search and you may find the original post.

  5. I think it's like grey hair. You can dye it over and over, but it will keep coming back.

  6. You can use lemon also, but if nothing works then just paint it!

  7. I wipe my housings down with WD40. No problems and they look like new

  8. I just wear the marks proudly - it shows that I have used my gear instead of just having it sit on a shelf.

  9. I have tried Salt Away, Toothpaste, Tarnish off, Laundry detergent and car polish but all to no avail.


    thanks...


  10. Try soaking your housing in a solution white distilled vinegar in warm fresh water. Use a soft toothbrush and brush the stains, they should come off this way. I am thinking the car polish has added a layer of wax over the stains and will require more scrubbing to get it off. After you get he stains off, dry the housing and rub it with a silicone cloth. This will restore the shine and add a layer of protection.

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.