Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Aquatica Gear pitch

Started by bighead ·

  • 10Posts
  • 10Replies

Read-only discussion

Aquatica Gear pitch

10 posts
  1. hi, does anyone know the gear pitch for the aquatica housing, specifically the one for D7000 ?? I am looking for the zoom gear #48717. Looking to use it for some other DIY projects.

    Thxs ...

    Edited by bighead
  2. Hi Since I just printed that exact lens, here are the specs.

     

    sucks I cant copy and paste on this site.

     

    P = 24 Diametral Pitch

    N = 88 Number of Teeth

    phi = 14.5 deg Pressure angle

    a = 1 / P Addendum

    b = 2.157 / P - a Dedendum

    c = b - a Clearance

    dp = N / P Pitch Circle Diameter

    db = dp * cos(phi) Base Circle Diameter

     

    Let me know if you need anything else I added a few thousands to account for shrinkage in the printing, to the tooth length.

  3. Love to see so many members involved in 3D printing. Can't possibly undertake another hobby or I'd be all over it.

  4. thxs sharkfeeder ...

  5. Okuma - have you used one of those rings in a housing? I'm just wondering about real world gear meshing and housing clearances.

  6. No I have not used one before.

    I found out about them from a presentation at our U/W photo club. The presenter has used them.

    Back ground info: I ran a large gear manufacturing company for three years and do have some insight into gearing.

    Think about how much pressure you would have to exert to deform a plastic gear tooth and think about how much force is requires to turn a lens ring.

    If interested, pm me and I'll put you in touch with the guy who presented at our club.

     

    Cheers

  7. just to check. The diametral pitch is 24, so the metric module if calculated wont be a standard module. Do you size up or down to the nearest standard module ?

  8. just had it printed out ... module of 1mm works fine with the gear. however, the no of teeth shouldn't be 88. it shld be more and I am working out the number. Based on 88, the gears do not engage each other.

  9. from my latest print, the no of teeth should be 92, with a module of 1mm. Pretty easy to get this gear off solidworks standard library.

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.